SECURED WAITING LIST
Here at WildBlue we keep a secured waiting list. This is very common place with breeders in the United States and is becoming more popular throughout the UK. It is where a potential new home goes through an application process to ensure the needs of our kittens will be met then once accepted, a small holding fee is paid and you are added to our waiting list. We have decided to introduce this process as we receive a huge volume of applications each day and believe this is the fairest way to support genuine buyers who are happy to wait for their perfect kitten.
WHY DO WE KEEP A SECURED LIST?
We’ve now had two instances where we placed a kitten with a new family only to find that despite our best efforts in vetting the home offered and establishing the readiness of the family for what a Maine Coon brings, it was not the perfect home for them and the kitten was taken back and placed in their forever homes. This is not fair on the kitten and our babies mean the world to us. In the absence of good, wonderful, life time homes for our kittens, we simply would not breed them. We breed to preserve, progress and share this beautiful breed. We believe it is our responsibility to provide our kittens with their best life and this means knowing we have their best homes ready and waiting before we create these little lives.
As the popularity of the Maine Coon breed increases and it becomes the trendy must have pet, we are keen to avoid this market and these buyers. We are looking to find homes who are fully committed to our babies and happy to wait for the right one. We look to avoid people purchasing on a whim or for the wrong reasons. Only forever homes are good enough and we believe the secured waiting list brings a level of commitment from both sides as well as bringing an opportunity to get to know one another.
HOW IT WORK?
- We wish only to accept a smaller portion of families onto our waiting list compared to how many kittens we may or may not have in this next year. We do not over breed our girls and we will never breed more kittens than we feel we can or should. This means not everyone will be able to join the list this time around, but when we add new places and re-open applications you are most welcome to re-apply.
- We will aim to let you know the outcome within two weeks of your application. If we feel you would be a good fit for our kittens and we have a space on our waiting list to offer you, we will email you with a waiting list contract and an example of our pet contract.
- Once you have paid your deposit of 195GBP, we aim to offer you a kitten matching your requirements within 12 months. We breed for the love of it, we are a small breeder and we can never predict how things will go. If for any reason we cannot reserve you a kitten within 12 months, your deposit will be returned in full.
- During the application, we will ask for your first, second and third choice on colour/gender combination. You do not have to choose three preferences, for example if you’d only like a black smoke male, this is fine. We will also ask a lot of questions about your home, family and lifestyle so that we can match the perfect kitten for you, based on personality as well as colour/gender. We are unable to make amendments to your application within your 12 month period regarding preferences. However if something changes regarding your circumstances that you feel will affect your future kitten, you should inform us. A change in circumstances that makes you no longer suitable for a kitten will not warrant a refund of your deposit. It will be donated to a local cat rescue organisation.
- If we offer you a kitten which matches your requirements, and you choose to decline, you can keep your place on the list. We will however only make 3 matching offers before you are removed from the waitlist (without refunding the deposit).
- If you change your mind at any point during the 12 months, the deposit will not be returned, we will donate it to a local cat rescue organisation, so please do think carefully before you choose to go on our list.
- Not all kittens you see on our website or social media will become available and be offered to those on our waiting list, we do choose to keep kittens back to remain in breeding programs and for other reasons, we need to reserve this discretion but the vast majority of our kittens will be offered to those on our waiting list and will not be rehomed outside of this.
- We will also ask you if you’d like to be considered for kittens from other recommended breeders – these are only breeders who we know and trust implicitly, and usually breeders who have WildBlue in their breeding lines. Should you wish to accept a kitten from a recommended breeder, we will transfer your deposit over to them.
- By completing the registration form below, you will receive an application to join our waiting list.
ABOUT OUR KITTENS
Our kittens are around but not less than 13 weeks old when they’re ready to leave us. We tend to offer kittens for reservations at around 10 weeks old. Our kittens come-
Neutered/spayed (non negotiable)
Registered with TICA (non active not for breeding)
Registered in your chosen name with the WildBlue pre-fix attached
5 generation WildBlue pedigree
Fully vaccinated with Nobivac Tricat or equivalent (we do not give the FIV/FeLv modified live vaccine)
Vet letter confirming they have checked your kitten in the days prior to you collecting and that they are happy with the health and condition
4 weeks free insurance with Petplan
Wormed and flea/mite treated
Weaned onto both Raw/wholeprey
Our current kitten price is 1795 GBP.
If you are matched with a kitten you can FaceTime them to see them play, interact and check you are happy with how they look, this brings the opportunity to meet us too and ask any questions you would like. You will then be given time to decide whether you would like to add your kitten to your family. Your kitten will not be offered to anyone else during this time, we know it is a huge decision and we want you to be completely happy, we will never ever hard sell or put pressure on you, we have so many wonderful home offers for our babies it needs to be right for all.
If you decide to reserve your new baby then we will complete and sign a Pet Kitten Contract outlining the responsibilities of each party. You can then transfer the deposit of 500 GBP and you can choose your name ready for registration. Your waiting list fee of 195 GBP will then be deducted from your remaining balance which is payable upon collection before you leave with your new kitten and we can accept bank transfer or cash only. We will then keep in regular contact providing you with kitten spam. We will send you an information booklet detailing what you will need to buy or do ready for arrival including a feeding guide. Please note our babies are RAW fed. We request that you continue this. Your kitten will be around 13 weeks when ready to be collected (Nantwich, Cheshire, UK). You may also, circumstance dependant, meet Mum and Dad during the collection. We do also have a trusted courier serving the UK, Ireland and Guernsey.
Upon collecting and meeting your kitten, if for any valid health reason you are not happy with your kittens health or condition, you reserve the right to refuse the kitten and will be given a full deposit refund. This has never happened as we would never sell a kitten we were not happy with, they are also fully vet checked in the days leading up to collection. However we feel it’s important for you to have this safety net as we know how unnerving it is buying a kitten you haven’t yet met properly.
We have written a Blog on our pricing which can be found here ‘How Much?’
Please click here to request our application form.