SECURED WAITING LIST
Here at WildBlue we keep a secured waiting list. This is very common place with breeders in the United States and is becoming more popular throughout the UK. It is where a potential new home goes through an application process to ensure the needs of our kittens will be met. Then once accepted, a small holding fee is paid and you are added to our waiting list. We have decided to introduce this process starting from 2023.
In the absence of good, wonderful, life time homes for our kittens, we simply would not breed them. We breed to preserve, progress and share this beautiful breed. From our carefully planned pairing we usually watch the first litter develop through keeping in touch with pet owners, then if we are happy with the development we repeat that same mating with the view to keeping back a kitten for our breeding program. A good breeding program will always have a mix of breed quality kittens and pet quality kittens. Regardless of the goals we have and how eagerly we await our plans turning to fruition the little lives we create along the way are ALL our responsibility. We cannot plough ahead with pairings just because we want that perfect breeding kitten, if we cannot make a promise to those kittens destined for a pet home. See we promise each and every one of them that their best life awaits them and to fulfil this promise means knowing we have their best homes ready and waiting before we create that little life at all. In a climate where economy is fragile, breeders across the world are finding it more and more difficult to sell kittens, to stay afloat with rising vets bills, feed bill, energy bills. We think the responsible thing is to always know where we are at. Too many breeders are closing their catteries right now, and understandably so, breeding is harder than ever. We are blessed in that we have never struggled to sell our pet kittens, but monitoring the number of good loving homes, for us right now, is essential as without them we wouldn't be able to keep that promise and we too, would close our doors.
Another thing on our mind regarding the current climate is the longevity of the breed and the homes available. As the popularity of the Maine Coon breed increases and it becomes the trendy must have pet, we are keen to avoid this market and these buyers. We are looking to find homes who are fully committed to our babies and happy to wait for the right one. We look to avoid people purchasing on a whim or for the wrong reasons. Only forever homes are good enough and we believe the secured waiting list brings a level of commitment from both sides as well as bringing an opportunity to get to know one another.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- We wish only to accept a smaller portion of families onto our waiting list compared to how many kittens we may or may not have in this next year. We do not over breed our girls and we will never breed more kittens than we feel we can or should, we do not breed purely to create cute pet kittens. We breed towards our goals and this means not everyone will be able to join the list this time around, but when we add new places and re-open applications you are most welcome to re-apply.
- We will aim to let you know the outcome within two weeks of your application. If we feel you would be a good fit for our kittens and we have a space on our waiting list to offer you, we will email you with a waiting list contract and an example of our pet contract.
- Once you have paid your holding fee of 195GBP, we aim to offer you at least 2 kittens matching your requirements within 12 months. We breed for the love of it and towards our goals, we are a small breeder and we can never predict how things will go. We test our cats extensively throughout their lifetime and with this comes changes in direction, removing cats from our breeding program and in more extreme cases taking breaks while we plan and re-plan. If for any reason we cannot reserve you a kitten within 12 months, your deposit will be returned in full should you wish.
- During the application, we will ask for your first, second and third choice on colour/gender combination. You do not have to choose three preferences, for example if you'd only like a black smoke male, this is fine. We will also ask a lot of questions about your home, family and lifestyle so that we can match the perfect kitten for you, based on personality as well as colour/gender. We are unable to make amendments to your application within your 12 month period regarding preferences. However if something changes regarding your circumstances that you feel will affect your future kitten, you should inform us. A change in circumstances that makes you no longer suitable for a kitten will not warrant a refund of your deposit. It will be donated to a local cat rescue organisation, we have many we like to support.
- If we offer you a kitten which matches your requirements, and you choose to decline, you can keep your place on the list. We will however only make 3 matching offers before you are removed from the waitlist (without refunding the deposit, it will be donated). The more flexible you are on what you're looking for, the easier it is to match you!
- If you change your mind at any point during the 12 months, the deposit will not be returned, we will donate it to a local cat rescue organisation, so please do think carefully before you choose to go on our list.
- Not all kittens you see on our website or social media will become available and be offered to those on our waiting list, we do choose to keep kittens back to remain in breeding programs and for other reasons, we need to reserve this discretion but the vast majority of our kittens will be offered to those on our waiting list and will not be rehomed outside of this.
- We try to fulfil our list in the order that you joined it but again, due to trying to marry up preferences on gender, colour and the personality that we feel would thrive in each individual home, we cannot always guarantee this. For example you might become aware of a beautiful Blue Smoke Male, just what you had asked and wished for. But he may be destined for someone who was further up the list than you or his personality might be more reserved and suited to a quiet home, where as yours is wonderfully chaotic and loud (Just like mine!). So we do ask for flexibility on time scales and for your patience and trust.
- We will also ask you if you'd like to be considered for kittens from other recommended breeders - these are only breeders who we know and trust implicitly, and usually breeders who have WildBlue in their breeding lines (there are very few as we only have a small handful of our kitties in breeding).
- By completing the registration form below, you will receive an application to join our waiting list and you agree to accept our Terms and Conditions which can be found here- WAITING LIST T&C.
ABOUT OUR KITTENS
Our kittens are around but not less than 13 weeks old when they're ready to leave us. We tend to offer kittens for reservations at around 10 weeks old. Our kittens come-
Neutered/spayed (non negotiable)
TICA or other governing body registration papers (non active not for breeding)
5 generation WildBlue pedigree
Fully vaccinated with Nobivac Tricat or equivalent inc FIV/FeLv
Microchipped and ready for you to transfer into your name
Vet letter confirming they have checked your kitten in the days prior to you collecting and that they are happy with the health and condition
4 weeks free insurance with Petplan
Wormed and flea/mite treated
Our current kitten price is 1795 GBP. This will not change for you during your time on our waiting list and your holding fee is deducted from this amount.
If you are matched with a kitten you can FaceTime them to see them play, interact and check you are happy with how they look, this brings the opportunity to meet us too and ask any questions you would like. You will then be given time to decide whether you would like to add your kitten to your family. Your kitten will not be offered to anyone else during this time, we know it is a huge decision and we want you to be completely happy, we will never ever hard sell or put pressure on you, we have so many wonderful home offers for our babies it needs to be right for all.
If you decide to reserve your new baby then we will complete and sign a Pet Kitten Contract outlining the responsibilities of each party. You can then transfer the deposit of 500 GBP and you can choose your name ready for your baby's pedigree. Your deposit of 500GBP and your waiting list holding fee of 195 GBP will then be deducted from your remaining balance which is payable upon collection before you leave with your new kitten and we can accept bank transfer or cash.
Once your kitten is reserved to you, we will then keep in regular contact providing you with kitten spam. We will send you an information booklet detailing what you will need to buy or do ready for arrival including a feeding guide. Your kitten will be around 13-15 weeks when ready to be collected (Nantwich, Cheshire, UK) or we also have a wonderful courier that can hand deliver your new baby throughout the UK, Ireland and the Channel islands. NOTE we do not ship kittens abroad.
Upon collecting and meeting your kitten, if for any valid health reason you are not happy with your kittens health or condition, you reserve the right to refuse the kitten and will be given a full deposit refund. This has never happened as we would never sell a kitten we were not happy with, they are also fully vet checked in the days leading up to collection. However we feel it's important for you to have this safety net as we know how unnerving it is buying a kitten you haven't yet met properly.
We have written a Blog on our pricing which can be found here 'How Much?'
We are so thankful you've gotten this far. Sorry I know I talk a lot! Please click here to request our application form.